We discovered a mouse after the Fourth of July. (Sorry Rachel!) From evidence of it’s presence....It found some Butterscotch chips in a bag that was on some shelves in our garage, it wasn’t opened, he nibbled a hole in it. I was cleaning off the shelves and wiping/sanitizing everything and Kayla asked me what I was doing. I told her that a mouse had gotten into our food and we didn’t want him to, and he was making a mess. She was playing in the garage as I was cleaning when she began making up all these stories about a mouse. After her third story I thought, okay, I need to pay attention here, so I dropped everything, and ran and got some paper and pen. Then I sat down and wrote Kayla’s story about our mouse. She was on a roll and I was writing like crazy, a few times I had to tell her to hold up, and then she would start right where she left off. It was so cute! Man, I think there are times I need to pay more attention as a mom and not get so caught up in things. I was really proud of her too, and amazed, since she has been in speech therapy. These are her words, even the "and daddy says..ect." Her little story is evidence of her progress!
Kayla’s Mouse Story
The mouse opened the door and he saw mom and dad. The mouse is eating mom’s dress! Mom and dad are so sad the mouse ate mom’s dress! Oh no! Then the mouse is so happy to eat the dress and mom and daddy and Kayla are so sad. Mom and dad said, “Kayla, the mouse ate mom’s dress!” And Kayla said, “Oh no!!!”
Then the mouse made a hole and ate the chocolate chips. Mommy, and daddy, and Kayla are so sad the mouse ate the chocolate chips. Oh no!
Then mom and dad and the mouse are ready to go to church. The mouse and Kayla and Daddy and Mommy get into the blue car. And Daddy is driving. And Kayla has long hair. And the mouse got dressed, and Kayla got dressed, and Mommy got dressed, and Daddy got dressed.
Everyone, Mom, Dad, and Kayla, and mouse use walking feet, and we sit down and the mouse sat down too, and Kayla sat down too. Daddy gave Kayla and mouse a snack of crackers in a bag and Kayla shared. And Mommy and Kayla and mouse should be nice and share our crackers. Mom said, “Be nice, let’s share. Let go mouse. Kayla wants to share her crackers.” But mouse wants a different snack. Dad says, “How about a banana?” And mouse says, “Yes! I like bananas! I like bananas!” Daddy gave the mouse the banana. Kayla gave a cracker. Kayla wanted more crackers, and mom said, “Hmm, well, that’s it.” Kayla said, “Can I pick a different snack?” And mommy said, “How about the last banana?” Kayla said, “Yes! I like bananas!” And Mommy and Dad gave her a banana and Kayla is so happy to have a banana. And then Kayla and mouse’s tummys are full and so happy! Mommy and Daddy and Kayla and Mouse get in PJ’s and we go to bed. Mommy, Daddy, and Kayla read a book and scriptures. Mouse got to pick. Kayla said, “Can I pick?” Mommy says, “Hmm, how about keeping up with Grandma?” “Yes, I think we can read that.”
Once upon a time there is a grandma and grandpa who are so busy. Papa is so silly and he closed his eyes and he loves the piano and he plays it, and then breaks the piano. He is so sad. Grandma is so silly and grandpa, he is playing the piano. You silly grandpa. Grandpa looks at the fish and says. “Ahhh!” Grandma says, “Ha ha ha you silly grandpa!” Then, grandma says, “What happened to the balloon?” Grandpa is so silly to hide in the balloon. Grandma is holding the pink balloon and grandma popped it with scissors. Grandpa says, “Ahh, the pink balloon.” And grandpa runs.
The mouse yawns and Mom and Daddy and Kayla yawn so much bigger. Mom and Dad and Kayla say to mouse, “Do you want to hold my hand?” and mouse says, “Yes! I want to hold your hand.” And Mommy and Daddy go to bed too. And the mouse goes, “Aaashhooo Aaashooo.” (snoring) Mom and Dad say, “Do you want a kiss?” And the mouse says, “I want a kiss.” “OK” says daddy. And Kayla says, “Mom, can I have a kiss too?” And Mommy says, “Yes, here’s a kiss.” And Mommy kisses Kayla. SMOOCH! Mom and Dad says, “Goodnight!” And Mom and Dad close the door, and the mouse wants the doll. Mouse says, “Can I have the doll?” Kayla says, “Yes you may, what do you want?” “Do you want Eva?” The mouse says, “Yes! I want Eva!” The mouse says, “I love Eva!” And Kayla says, “Yes, I’ll give Eva.” And mouse says, “Thank you” and Kayla says, “You’re welcome!” And then Kayla says, “I want the dolly too.” And the mouse says, “Ok, which one? Bear, or doll?” “Ok, I’ll give her too.” Kayla says, “Thank you mouse.” And the mouse says, “You’re welcome!”
The mouse is awake and he wants Kayla’s computer! The mouse says, “Can I ask?” and Kayla says, “Yes!” Mouse says, “May I have the computer please?” And Kayla says, “Yes you may. You can go ahead.” Mouse says, “The pink chair is too high!” And Kayla wants to help him. Kayla says, “Jump into my hand.” And the mouse clicked the button. Mouse says, “Let’s go Dora!” And mouse says, “Hmm, ok.” And mouse says, “The white door is too high!” And Kayla picks up the mouse and opens the door and gives the mouse a ride. Kayla says, “Good job mouse!” And mouse says, “Can I have another door?” And Kayla says, “Yes you may.” Mouse says, “This is hard.” Kayla says, “I’ll open the door.” Then Kayla says, “I think it’s my turn to open the door.” Mouse says, “Good job! You opened the door!” Kayla says, “Shhh, quiet, Mommy and Daddy are so sleeping. We have to tip-toe.” Then mouse says “Mommy? I want to do computer please.” And Mom says, “Yes you may.” The mouse asks, “Can I have Kayla’s computer please?” And Mom and Dad say, “Yes you may.” Mouse says, “Daddy is awake!” “And he wants to do Kayla’s computer.” He says, “Yes you may.”
Then the mouse closed the white door and Mom and Daddy are so sleepy in Mommy’s room. And Kayla and the mouse played on the computer. Click the button and do the mouse story again.
THE END!!!!
2 comments:
That is so cute! What a complicated story. She is doing really well. By the way, we miss you in Moscow!
Thanks Tessa! We miss you too!!!
Post a Comment