Oct 9, 2008

Downtown Trolley

The spouse’s program at Maxwell AFB scheduled a downtown trolley tour. We went with a bunch of other wives. It was $1 for all day riding and Kayla was free. I kept thinking of the trolley song from Meet Me in St. Louis, “Clang- clang -clang went the trolley, ding- ding- ding went the bell…” Kayla and I had fun. We did a lot of sight-seeing.













A pic of the trolley, the state capital, Kayla and I at the First White House of the Confederecy, The Rosa Parks Memorial, cute Kayla inside the trolley, and the church where Martin Luther King Jr. attended church, and was pastor at one time. One of the workers at the state capital, which is like a block up the hill, was in THE protest march when Rosa Parks was in jail!

1 comment:

Ruth Worthington said...

That looks so fun! I know it was hard being away from home for so long, but you guys totally made the most of it!