Oct 10, 2008

A movie date

My sister-in-law Ruth offered to babysit for Dave and I so we could go on a date before Dave left for Ohio. We took her up on it! Thank you Ruth and Michael!!! We decided on a classic dinner and a movie. We went to go see Forever Strong. I had gotten an e-mail about it, and it sounded pretty good. Dave was pretty excited, because it was a sport's movie, and I wanted to go! Here's the link to the article about it on Meridian Magazine. Click on the link to read it here.

Dave and I really liked it. It has a really good message. A few teary-eyed moments, and just a really feel-good movie. Things like good morals and standards, that wickedness never was happiness, family and loyalty, "listening to that spirit inside you", and perseverance and other lessons were in this movie. Dave tried to watch it with the perspective of non-members, and wished they explained more the significance of the Polynesian culture, and he thought the acting at times was a little weak, but all in all was still good. This movie is rated PG-13, for underage drinking, and to me, I'd add, rugby is really intense! Pretty brutal, so not for little kid's eyes. And the main guy's "bad boy" lifestyle and some of his consequences is depicted, but not in a good light. But, we recommend it, especially because movies with good messages in them are hard to find...and as a side note, the main guy looked kinda like my younger brother at times to me....

No comments: