Nov 28, 2008

Catch-up/Mitt Romney Rally

I forgot to post this one! The weekend before elections my sis-in-law invited Kayla and I to a rally where Mitt Romney would be speaking. He was doing some last minute campaigning for John McCain. It was pretty exciting! He gave a really awesome speech too. The part I liked best was when he was talking about how it really bugs him when people don't put their hands over their hearts when the anthem is sung or the flag is presented and how those before us have given their lives for our country and their blood. He said a lot of things that really got the crowd cheering. WOW! IT GOT PRETTY LOUD! I have never been to a rally before, it was fun! Poor Kayla and Jacob though, I think they got pretty bored! Jacob and Kayla played with some toy cars, and apparently have no problem with playing right under complete strangers feet, or using their legs as ramps! Ruth had some flags for them to wave, which went pretty well for awhile, until they were getting a little crazy with them and annoying other people and had to monitor them! Haha, but they were pretty good for us. After Romney's speech, he was swapmed with the crowd talking to himand shaking his hand. We stood trying to decide if we should push our way through, and went for it. We got slowly closer, but just barely missed Romney. As we were getting closer to him, he got closer to the door. We were really SOOOO close! Oh well! It was a fun experience! We took some pictures afterward in the leaves!
Mitt Romney campaigning for McCain.
Kayla and mommy
Jacob and Kayla waving their flags.


Climbing on a tree
Patriotic Kayla!

No comments: