We had waffles for breakfast, and I gave Dave a haircut in the morning. Since Kayla's party was on Saturday, and it didn't feel like a Saturday, today felt like our Saturday and it was nice to just relax and be together.
We went to the park too. It's January, but it feels like spring break! The weather has been so nice! Colorado can have some weird weather sometimes! Colorado weather has a commitment problem! But, I'm not complaining, because it was nice to get out and go to the park. We flew Kayla's Mickey Mouse kite, that she won from school last year, and she climbed and played on the playground. It was really windy! We had fun!
Then we went to the movies. As kids, Dave and I grew up going to the $1 movie theatre. The previous week, Dave went to lunch at a place near the theatre...and it was still there!!! Although, now it's $1.50, but Tuesdays are .75 cents! Score! So, we went to see Madagascar 2. We had to get tickets for an evening show because it had sold out! It was fun, but I remember why the first one wasn't a favorite, sorry if that offends anyone. Dave and Kayla loved it. Dave loved that the penguins were in this one more.
While waiting for the show we also went to the mall, haven't done that in awhile.But definitely the highlight was re-discovering the $1 theatre!
1 comment:
Aww...I miss Colorado weather. I can't wait for the snow to leave here. I also miss the cheaper theaters. Our "dollar theater" is $3!! I'm so jealous! Glad you had fun, though. We recently saw Bolt at the cheap theater using our Christmas money and I highly recommend it. The kids especially loved the hamster in that movie.
Post a Comment