Thanks to my two beautiful girls, I am a mother. My heart was very full on Mother's Day. Especially after hearing Kayla sing with the Primary to all the moms! I felt so blessed that God would allow me, and trust me enough, to have the privilege to be the mother of two incredible spirits. I do feel the weight of this responsibility at times and feel so inadequate too, but I feel so grateful and humbled to get to love and care for these precious girls. I am amazed everyday in the ways they are learning and growing and that I get to see their souls shine. I have learned so much from them and they have filled my life with so much love, smiles, laughter, sunshine and happiness! I also feel so blessed that Dave wanted to marry me in the first place, and that I get to be the mother of his children. I couldn't be a mom without him, and he has supported and helped me in my role as a mother to our girls. He is so wonderful! Our girls are so wonderful!


Speaking of Dave, he really made my day so special and sweet for Mother's Day. He sent me some gorgeous roses before Sunday. I should have gotten a picture! There were pink, orange, and white roses. He also ordered and had sent a beautiful dress! He did totally awesome! And it fit too! (I have to keep it for later though when I am done nursing.) I am pretty impressed he bought a dress for me, which I have wanted Sunday clothes, and it is beautiful and modest, and it FITS!!!!!!! Pretty impressive, so kudos for that one Dave! The guys in his office thought he was pretty brave to send me a dress. You "done good" honey. It was thoughtful, and intuitive as to get me something like a dress! You know me so well!
Dave also made some awesome montages for me. One was more on the thoughtful and "have to watch with a box of Kleenex", and the other one was a "fun and silly" one. Dave has pampered and spoiled me, even from far away!

When I was getting stuff ready for church I put Makenna in her Bumbo seat by the door and I caught a precious moment. Kayla was sitting down and showing Makenna the pictures in the front of her Book of Mormon. It was so cute, and I grabbed the camera and took a picture. Kayla is such a good big sister, and one day she is going to be a great mom!
My brother invited us over for dinner. He and his brother-in-law made dinner for everyone and for their wives, and their mother-in-law, and for me and my mom. It was really good! They grilled a ton of steaks and had huge baked potatoes and yummy veggies. We were all impressed and felt so special! Thanks you guys! They were so thoughtful to invite us!
Makenna loves her Uncle Michael. She is a pretty smiley baby for everyone, but she always seems to reach out for him and seems to have a special spot for Michael who makes her laugh and does "jabber jaws" with her.

Apparently Michael is a favorite with his other niece too. He had both girls on his lap at one point and I thought it was so cute! They love "Uncle Muncle".

Happy Mother's Day to my mom too! She has done so much to raise us and made so many sacrifices. I have seen her love and guidance play a role in not only my life, but my siblings lives as well. And she has been an example to me in a lot of different ways. She is a wonderful grandma too to her grandkids who adore her.
And Dave's mom too! My mother-in-law has raised a good man! She does so much for her all of her family and has been such a wonderful example to me as well. She has been a great support and I am pretty blessed I feel, in the in-law department!
It was a good day. Though I really missed Dave, of course. Thank you Dave for making my day so special! I wanted to get a picture of me and the girls for Dave, so Michael took one at the end of the night. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and also all the women in our lives out there who nurture and influence, and mother, whether they have kids or not. Yay for moms!
1 comment:
All 3 of you girls are soooooo beautiful. Happy Mother's Day again! (All year round!) You're such a good mom Kathy and our girls are learning from your great example. Thank you! And thanks for posting!!
Post a Comment