Jun 6, 2010

Kayla's Music Program

The night before Kayla’s music program at her school I got the diaper bag all ready to go, so I could just grab it, and I made sure to charge the camcorder, especially after using it from the radio message. I was all ready to go and left with a few minutes to spare. I found a parking space and hurried and got Makenna. I crossed the road and was heading towards the building when I looked in the diaper bag and noticed I didn't see the camcorder!!! I was in a panic and realized I had left it charging!!! I had to make a split second decision trying to decide, do I go and get the camcorder so I can get some of the performance on there for Dave, and for us, or should I forget about it because I was already here and would miss some of it? It only took a second, and I raced back to the car and hurried as fast as I could to go home and get the camcorder. I shoved the stroller back in the car, and the diaper bag toppled it contents onto the ground. Ugh! I hurried to our house, ran and got the camcorder, and then made a mad dash back. I found a parking spot and ran with the stroller into the building. I had to sign in, and then I ran into the gym. The program had definitely started. I started recording right away. I was out of breath and adrenaline was running, so I tried to just hold still. I looked and looked and I couldn't find Kayla anywhere! Not wanting to miss the song I kept recording, not knowing where she was! Did she get stage fright and not want to perform? Did she get upset because she couldn't find me when I was late? I was on the very left of the seats by the entrance to the gym. After the song I recorded I decided to move and try and see if I just couldn't see her. I am sooooo glad I did! She was on the very left and I couldn't see her because of the curtain. She was back by the left and in the shadows somewhat. So I got some of the program with Kayla in them. By this time I felt kind of sick to my stomach. I had forgotten the camera, raced back, was so shaky, and then when I got there had missed getting Kayla on the camcorder for a majority of the videoing. So Kayla, if you read this later, I am so sorry! But I am really glad I went back and got the camcorder, so we could have at least something of Kayla’s program, and so Dave could see it too. It was worth it for sure! (I just wish sometimes I wasn’t so forgetful, especially when I try so hard not to be!)

The program was called, "To Bee Or Not To Bee", and all the songs were bee related. It was really all cute! The last song they did was really sweet. I have often heard Kayla singing these songs at home. It was so cute to see Kayla up there singing, and the song and the lyrics are very touching, and yes, I cried. It was a moment I was staring at our little girl, who is getting bigger by the day and is growing up so fast. I can't believe she will be in 1st grade next year! Kayla, you were so awesome!!!


Kayla put her bee antennae on Makenna. =)

5 comments:

Porter Family said...

I love it!!!!!!!!! I can't believe our kids are so grown up. Kayla is adorable and such a gorgeous young lady! Glad you got the camcorder. :)

Dave said...

I had to hold back the tears too! Sooooooo cute!

Casey and Lisa said...

Good call on getting the camcorder Kathy! I'm glad to hear you and Dave are at the halfway point - you are both amazing. I hope you are doing well, your little MaKenna is getting so big!

Amanda said...

Kathy,
I haven't talked to you in forever (and then some). Zach said you had this blog and I thought that I would check it out. Kayla is so cute and big. And your little one Makeena is adorable. I would love to chat sometime. My email is couponingwithamanda@gmail.com.
Amanda Wesley

Annie said...

I would have done the same thing, Kathy. Good for you! I'm so glad you got some of it on camera!