A little while ago a family in our ward experienced a heart wrenching accident. Bro. Phillips was on his roof trying to take down a satellite dish before a roofing company came to replace their roof. He fell off of his roof and broke his back and neck and is now paralyzed. Our ward {members of the Church who are organized into a geographic area} organized a yard sale to help raise money for the Phillips family. It was amazing to see our ward, and other wards and other members of our church, the local elementary school, and the community reach out to this family through service, donations, and prayers. The news caught wind of this event and came and interviewed Amy Pollary, who is in our ward and a friend, and who graciously and unselfishly headed up this monumental task. The news didn't include all of her interview, but it was really good, and those who watched were touched. I am posting this video with her permission. The news guy was trying to get footage of those of us there, but we were all camera shy. He did take some footage of Makenna though, so I wanted to be sure and get a recording somehow to send to Dave. (I'm not tech savy, so I just recorded it off TV with my camcorder, so sorry about the quality.)
The Phillips family have been examples of faith and trust in the Lord with all they have been through, our hearts and our prayers are with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment