Jun 30, 2011

Summer Girl Fun

The girls and I kept busy during the summer and we had  a lot of opportunities to have fun.  Kayla kept pretty busy because she had a "boot camp" of sorts with her therapy sessions.  She was in an internal metronome program.  She went a few times a week for a few hours, and then she attended her regular speech session.  The place we went to was very close to grandma Carol, so after a session we would usually go have lunch with her and hang out.  My mom was also trying to help teach me how to crochet Christmas stockings, with a pattern from her mom.  She is a very patient teacher.....it took me awhile.  My mom and I worked for a few months on this, mostly working on me getting down knitting and pearling.  We would get together usually once a week.  We never got to finish it before we moved. : (  We'll have to finish it the next time we get together. : )

The girls and I also took advantage of getting together with our friends at playgroups.  We went to our church's weekly playgroup, that were at different parks, and also got together with some military friends for weekly playgroups, a favorite was the Focus on the Family play area.  We had a lot of fun!  I guess I enjoyed myself enough I didn't get as many pictures of our friends.  : ( I'm glad we got to play and enjoy ourselves.  We also did the library reading program, made trips to get ice cream at our favorite ice cream shop, worked on some school stuff, went to Chuck E. Cheese, went to the zoo, (for the last time...since we didn't want to renew our membership because we would be moving!) and were getting ready....to move.


No comments: