Jun 2, 2011

Wedding Week in Logan

Soo and Eric's sealing was awesome and it was so good to be there!  Since a lot of family members were there we also got to "play".  Most everyone made it, (we missed Lynnette and her fam, they had a previously scheduled trip to California.) and it was really fun to be together with the Thomander clan.  They are A LOT of fun.

Dave's dad organized a special Family Home Evening and it was a wonderful time to feel the Spirit, and of the love the Thomanders have for each other.  Hopefully soon we can have that chance again to be all together like that. Then the nieces and nephews did a talent show, which was pretty awesome.  Dave and Eli actually showed everyone their crazy eyes trick.  Everyone was surprised that Eli can now do it!
A few things we did, and that I remember....
*We prepared for Soo's wedding and got everything organized and clean and ready to have a backyard wedding party!  Everyone pitched in and helped.  Meeting Eric, and hearing their story.  Wendy did a very cute slideshow for them.
*Wendy and Meg organized a "newly wed" game with all the couples.  And she had planned some games with prizes too.
*Justin made us all a huge bowl of homemade hummus, and in his excitement to bring it over, he lost hold of it, and the bowl shattered and the hummus went everywhere.  He was so sad!  But we got it all cleaned up and he made more for us.  It was very very delicious! Thanks for sharing Justin. : ) (It made a memory.)
*We all stayed up way late (totally worth it) and enjoyed each other's company, and of course played lots of games.
*My mother-in-law, making mass quantities of food for her family, and taking care of us all.
*Then there was Ralph vs. everyone else in tug-o-war, along with Leg Wrestling, and Arm wrestling.  (Dave's mom almost beat Ralph...)
*Dave and I went on a double date with Ben and Wendy too, to see X-Men.
*Dave's family had a huge clothing swap!  There were tons of clothes and things we all went through to take home, and the rest went to D.I.  Dave and Ben grabbed a large pair of pants and had a "2 legged race".
*Dan and his kids brought their new puppies and the kids loved taking care of them, holding and petting them, especially Kayla!!!  (She wishes she could have a pet.)
*All the cousins playing and having fun together!  (Dan was usually in the thick of them all.)
*We went ice blocking on some pretty awesome hills on the Utah State campus.  That was so fun.
*We enjoyed feeding the ducks in the canyon at some of the ponds and going up into the Canyon and having lunch.
*Poor Soo's boys getting sick with the measles, and then Soo getting sick with them herself after her wedding, and then having to be quarantined, and then poor Eric got sick too after we left.  : (  Then all of us having been exposed, getting an immuzation just in case.
*Playing charades with Soo and the cousins while she was quarantined, through her front living room window.
*Going to the cheese factory to stock up on shelf stable flavored milks (Kayla's favorite is Root Beer) and shelf stable whipping cream. : )

Lots of memories for sure in this trip!  We were so glad to be able to come!!!!!!!






I actually was a little bit sick and not feeling well, so I didn't do the hike when we went up in the canyon.  This is kind of an interesting story.....  I had dropped Dave and the girls off with everyone else and gone home to take some medicine and get tissues and things I needed (for allergies).  When I came back to the spot where I dropped everyone off, all of the cars were gone!  They had gone to another location down the canyon to hike I guess.  I  tried calling Dave on my cell phone to find out where to meet up with him.  But I had no signal!  I called over and over again and couldn't get a hold of him.  (Dave had tried calling me too lots of times, but no signal!)  It was very frustrating.  I didn't know what to do.  I  thought about just going back to the house, Dave could maybe get a ride in someone's car.  But I was worried, because I had the car seats for our girls in the car, and if I left, how would Dave get them home?  (legally and safely)  I prayed, that Heavenly Father would help me know where they were.  I went up and down the road, and tried looking around a few trails with no luck.  They could be anywhere.  I finally spotted a parking lot up the canyon and pulled the car down into it.  Heavenly Father helped me find them!  I was a little cranky though, until I  realized later Dave HAD been trying to call me. : )  Oops, sorry Dave.  I was so relieved that we found each other.  That was a learning experience for me.  I am so reliant on my cell phone, but when I couldn't use it, I really had to rely on Heavenly Father.  God is the one I should be so reliant on, no matter what.  A good lesson for me in relying on the Lord, and that He answers prayers!

While we were there poor Soo had some sick kids.  Right before we were leaving for Utah Soo called and let us know that her kids had been sick.  She warned us that her boys had possible signs of measles, and we decided to come still because we had all been immunized.  As the week progressed all her boys got sick with the measles, they were miserable!  (Except for  Jason)  Poor guys!!!  They were missed because they had to be quarantined, which was a major bummer since Soo was getting married and all the family had traveled in to be there.  When we had the FHE night Dan and Soo set up Skype so her boys could be involved at least, and later in the week they were able to come over.  It was a very unexpected turn of events.  Soo had a lot going on, on top of taking care of all her sick boys.  And then, even though Soo had been immunized she ended up catching the measles, right after her honeymoon, and she had to be quarantined. : (   We were all bummed.  We did go visit her, and the kids played charades with her through her glass living room window.  While we were in Logan we all had to go to the Health Dept to be immunized since we had contact with Soo, and everyone who had been at the wedding and reception were contacted so they could go get immunized if they needed to.  Then later on, poor Eric got very very sick with the measles too.  Our family didn't get sick thankfully, especially since we had to travel back to Colorado!  A new marriage and right away, some new trials.  They had planned on moving too, so plans got complicated a little.  They went through a lot during that time, I wish we could have been there to help them. But the time in Logan was so good, just to be with everyone when we could.  Dave and I were so happy we got to be there at least for Soo and Eric's sealing!

Well, I got sick, but not with the measles, not like anything poor Soo's family had to go through.  I just had a very bad allergic reaction while I was in Logan.  I had a lot of fun, but just didn't feel great.  I felt pretty awful actually.  I  broke out in hives all up and down my arms (something in the air?)  and I was so stuffed up I couldn't taste or smell, which was interesting.  Food is no fun to eat when you can't taste it.  When we were traveling back through Fort Collins I couldn't even smell all the cow manure, or whatever awful smell that is through there, no offense if you live there....  After getting home I finally went to the urgent care.  Sometimes I worry that I am over reacting and debate if I should see a doctor or not, because I always feel dumb if there's nothing wrong or they can't do anything for me.  But this time, it was good I went in.  They were shocked to see my arms, so they gave me an allergy shot right then and there, and I ended up having an ear infection, bronchitis, and a sinus infection.  Not fun, but thank goodness for modern medicine! : )

No comments: