
I reported to Peterson Air Force Base on June 6th. Since then I have been assigned to the Readiness flight. This flight handles all the deployments for CE (civil engineering squadron), trains for deployments (like chemical warfare training - gas masks - etc.) We also deal with preparedness for emergencies that may happen at Peterson (enemy attacks, extreme weather, hazardous waste spills, etc.). I don't have a specific job in the flight yet because I have my initial training to go to.
SO, I've been getting paid just learning about CE in the Air Force. They set up a type of orientation to send me to all the flights in the squadron. So I don't bore you with all the details I just give some highlights. I spent the night with the fire department, got to drive a street sweeper, wear a bomb suit (I felt like a ninja turtle), ride a segway (two wheel vehicle in the standing position - see pic), see several construction sites, enter high security buildings, see the Air Force's first green roof (roof covered in vegetation) and LOTS MORE. It has been pretty awesome. (Of course I am not telling you about the countless hours of pretty boring stuff too!) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment