Oct 30, 2008

Carving our Jack-O-Lantern!

We finally got to decorate our pumpkin!!! Yea!
Kayla was in charge of the design. Hence the drawing below, very cute!
And just to make sure I knew what she wanted, she showed me with her face.

Here's our pumpkin and supplies. I thought ice cream scoops would do the trick for all the pumpkin guts.
I did all the cutting, of course! While I was making the cuts Kayla said,
"Oh, that looks like owies! Poor little pumpkin, be brave!"
I cut the top, but let Kayla pull it off. Whoa! She thought it was pretty cool looking.


Kayla was so neat and tidy. I would go in and pull out stuff with my hands and I asked Kayla if she wanted to do it, and she smiled and said no thanks! We took turns scooping out all the stuff inside. Except, when it was Kayla's turn, she usually got one little seed on her scoop =) and was just so proud of herself! It was really cute, and fun for her.

Voila! The finished product! Kayla got in PJ's and we just had to light it. I asked her for a picture and she wanted to pose like this. SOOOO Spooky!
After we were done we did a happy dance, and Kayla made up a song and danced around. She was so thrilled we carved our pumpkin. Here's some of the song I managed to write down....
"We decorate for Halloween, it's so much fun! I sing a song, a scary song, about a decorate our pumpkin!"

Here it is! This is so Kayla! Kinda reminds me of Home Alone....


4 comments:

Ruth Worthington said...

I love your pumpkin! Great job Kayla! It does remind me of "Home Alone", but when I first saw it, it reminded me of a face I could see Kayla making when she is really excited! :)

Tessa said...

So cute! I love the little Kayla stories.

Dave said...

Hilarious! Were the hands on the face her idea too? So cute!

Kathy said...

Yes, the hands were her idea! She showed me! She said she wanted a scared pumpkin... so not a scary one I guess!