Oct 11, 2008

Dave’s Management 101

Dave is at another AF training. This one is specific for Civil Engineers. We heard families who accompanied had to pay for their own lodging if they went, (which was a rumor) but felt anyways that we needed to get Kayla back in speech therapy and maybe pre-school, and give her some stability in home, since she has been from place to place.
Dave is now in Ohio, he had to leave on Oct. 3rd, Friday morning, and got to Dayton Ohio Sunday afternoon. On his way there he found a chapel and was able to watch the priesthood session of General Conference. He got to Ohio in time to catch the afternoon session of General Conference too. Yea!! Isn’t the church awesome that it’s everywhere and you can just do that? He won’t be home until about Nov. 24th, two days before Thanksgiving, so we will definitely have something to be thankful for! I really miss him already, but I’m going to keep myself busy with fun things with Kayla and already have a long list of tons of projects to do. Like...blogging! But, it’s not so bad. We have cell phones! Kayla and I get to talk to him everyday, which is so nice and a world of difference from when he was at field training for a month. (I got two letters because every minute was structured and he was so busy, we couldn’t talk on the phone or e-mail or anything. And that was the summer the ward helped me move when he was gone and I was a nanny.) So, we are doing fine…but I still do miss him!


Kayla took these pictures, she has really been into taking pictures with our camera. She often just grabs the camera and takes them, which I don't mind, if I monitor it. She took a few pictures of Dave packing and we had her take a picture of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it's fantastic that you let her take pics. i encourage it w/my kids as well. sometimes what they think is cool, i don't even notice, so their pictures are often inspiring.

man, that'a LONG time to be apart!! i'm glad you have cell phones!! do you have computers as well??? if not, tell dave we say "hi".

we love and miss you. glad you're all happy and well....