Conference weekend was awesome wasn't it?! I really needed it, my spirit was hungry! 5 new temples soon, so awesome! I loved all the talks. President Monson is just amazing! For both Dave and I our favorite speaker though was President Uchtdorf. He also gave an amazing talk at the General Relief Society meeting, which hit me so hard, because I needed it and was an answer to prayer. The Gospel is wonderful.So, I didn't make cinnamon rolls, I didn't plan ahead making the dough. It was kinda a crazy week/weekend for me, Dave had just left. Kayla was so cute the night before Conference. She had been wanting popcorn for a long time, and asked if we could have some, and told her maybe sometime soon. I was talking to her about Conference the next day, and she suggested "We could have some popcorn mom!" So, we did! I gave her half a bag in the morning and the rest in the afternoon on Saturday and again on Sunday. It kept her so happy, sitting still, and busy for awhile! She colored church pages and played quietly too. I think we might try the popcorn thing again. On Sunday, during the last session, we had Snicker's ice cream bars, which are a very special treat. She was so good.
4 comments:
Yay! I too was spiritually fed during Conference. Thanks for sharing a good secret! I will have to try that one, too.
she's a doll!!! glad you enjoyed conference. i did a garage sale on friday and saturday, but had it on my laptop. it rained (as luck would have it), so it wasn't busy. i enjoyed conference too, and while uchtdorf seems to be the "general" favorite, mine was actually eyring and holland. they both had me crying. i LOVE conference. it's hard to watch w/kids though. sat was at my house, sun am was at mine as well, but w/dan and monet' (love them too much to not be distracted by their visit) and afternoon was at mom's w/far too many fun/cute cousins for the kids. they sat and played w/barbies, and i tried to stay awake. next time, i think we might go to church?!? we did get in our sunday clotehs on sunady, that made it a little better for me....
I just got chills when I read this...Uchtdorf's talk in the general RS meeting really stuck a chord with me as well!! In fact, I am using a quote from his talk on my new blog (that I will never have time to actually update) But he inspired me tremendously!
Gosh, I miss you. I feel like we are kind of like 'kindrid spirits' or something! Have a great day!
-chels
This year I made my french bread dough and just used that so I wouldn't have to make dough the day before. Don't worry, I'm not offended that you stopped the cinnamon roll tradition. Your loss, really, in the grand scheme of things. :) Just joking.
Post a Comment