Our friends the Porters were very nice to let us stay with them again! We wanted to go to the temple, but when we double checked Dave’s recommend, it was expired!? We got the new barcode ones, but think maybe the wrong date was put on it,??? because mine wasn’t. So, when we got to their place Heather was at Time Out for Women, and we couldn’t go to the temple, so with Justin, we all decided to take the kids and go see the St. Louis Arch. It was pretty fun! We rode to the top and then went through the museum part. When Heather got home we ate dinner and played games. Good times!

Unfortunately, Heather and I both woke up kinda sick, and the kids too. We got on the road because of the storm. Kayla and I were sick, but we managed to have a good trip. Thankfully Dave was okay, he didn’t get sick, and was so sweet to drive and take care of us. At one time there was a field of cows and we asked Kayla what they were and she said, very matter of factly, “Oh, those are for Chick-Fil-A.” Made us laugh! On our last day of traveling Kayla tossed her cookies, poor Kayla! I turned around and asked her if she was okay and she was so cute, she smiled weakly and said, “Yeah, I’m okay.” She’s so cute! A tender mercy, we were close to an exit with a Wal-Mart, got supplies and situated and were on the road again to come Home Sweet Home!!!
2 comments:
those are AWESOME pictures!! LOVE THEM!!!
kayla's a cutie pie. it's funny when they get to talking, and really do say the funniest/cutest things.
love it...
don't you love it when you think you have nice friends that will let you stay at their house but it really turns out that they are just trying to get you to come to their house so that they'll make you sick and the rest of your trip home will be miserable? Yeah, I love it too.
By the way, I certainly wish I would have skipped TOFW and gone to the arch with you. You already knew that, though, since I ranted when I got home. :) We sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment