Oct 31, 2008

A Very Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween Everyone!


Here a few highlights from our day.....



Trick-or-Treating at Wal-Mart

Our ward playgroup met at our local Wal-Mart for store trick-or-treating. Ruth and Jacob came too! Yea! We all got a map of candy stations, and thankful there was a "brick road" to follow, AND a flyer saying to find "7 pairs of shoes" hidden throughout the store for a prize! Oooo!

A FEW distractions.....

Mmmmmmm...........CHEESE...............CHEESE.............
(only one of Kayla's favorite foods ever)


Lobsters, always got to check out the lobsters if we go by them.

And, last but not least, the fishy aquariums!
Yes, that is what you see. Trick-or-treating at the gun counter at Wal-Mart!














Finding the pairs of shoes was a little tricky. One of the pages we saw was being carried around by a boy! Hey! Kayla and Jacob were really good as we searched around for the shoes, we were so close! We couldn't give up, there was a PRIZE! We actually confided in some fellow moms for some extra help, and found all of the shoes. Yea! They counted the one we saw being carried around by the boy, thankfully!




They sent us back to the bakery where they got a free orange frosted doughnut! Yummy! I liked this picture, I took several trying to get the perfect one, but ended up liking this one because their expressions are like, "Hey, no cheese, I'm eating a long deserved yummy doughnut here; you want me to do what?!" We went to McDonald's for lunch. Dessert before lunch, oh well! It's Halloween!






Dressed in Foil and Free Chipotle Burritos


Ruth told me about free burritos at Chipotle if you have tin foil in your costume or dress up like a burrito. I had Kayla take this picture of me, reluctantly, I am posting it. Are you happy now honey? And yes, those are tin foil wrapped earrings. What I wouldn't do for a Chipotle burrito! I love them and being in Moscow was seer torture sometimes! Moscow eventually got a Quedoba, which is an equivalent to it for those who don't know, but I love Chipotle way better!





Kayla had tin foil on her unicorn's horn and around the reins. We shared a burrito bowl. In Kayla's words, Delicious! So we went a little bit early, before 6 pm, when it was suppose to start, but they had already started. When we got there the line was right at the door. I'm glad we went when we did because it just got crazier and busier. You can kinda see from the picture that there is a huge line, what you don't see is that it wraps all the way around the corner of the building! Pretty awesome deal! Wear some foil and get a free Chipotle burrito? I'm there! I called Dave and he said they were going to order pizza and play games and watch movies. BUT, they soon switched that plan for getting pizza, and ran down, dressed in foil, and got a free burrito from a Chipotle in Ohio! Thanks Ruth for passing on the news!




Trick-or-Treating in our Neighborhood


This was Kayla's first official trick-or-treating in a neighborhood! We had a Happy Halloween, but I really missed Dave. It was kinda hard today. Four weeks down, 3 1/2 to go. But, I am grateful he will be back by Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. I can't complain, but I can still miss him! Talking on the phone with him was balm to my soul though. I love you honey and we missed you so much today, (all the time, really) but hopefully these pics bring you there with us!


Kayla has been so excited for Halloween! I think her favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas, like most kids probably! We pulled the last chain off the October chain we made to count down and she was ecstatic! It was so fun to watch her. She was on a mission to get some candy! Some of the houses that were a little bit spooky she even surprised me with going straight up to the door! There were a few houses we did not go to...way to spooky looking. I think I offended some one at one of those houses, he was sitting on the porch and we went past, and when he said not to be scared I said, no thanks, and actually said I had a little girl I didn't want scared, but really, I was kinda scared! I know, but I like the happy, silly spooky Halloween. And actually, this was a perfect opportunity to chat and introduce myself to some of my neighbors down the road too!


We went around our whole block. I offered a few times to carry Kayla's pumpkin for her, but she politely said no. She was so happy, and determined! She never complained about being tired or was never cranky. I couldn't help wondering about how she would be as a missionary, seeing her knock on all those doors tonight, except that on her mission she would be giving them the "sweet", the sweet message of the Gospel, and hopefully most would receive it. But it was so cute and insightful to see her enthusiasm and determination! Oh Kayla! I love you!




Trick-or-treat!



On our street we pass this blow up Tigger on the way to Kayla's pre-school. She always looks out the window to see if it is up or not. Usually on the way home it is, and it is something she looks forward to seeing, so we had to tell the people there about it, and thank them, and get a picture. You can't really see it, but Kayla is making a similar pose by Tigger. When we got home we had some trick-or-treaters too, pretty exciting!









Kayla singing and wishing you a Happy Halloween!



4 comments:

Ali said...

Looks like they had a ton of fun! I love Halloween!!!!

Ruth Worthington said...

You guys were a big part of our Halloween fun! Its awesome having you here in the Springs - hopefully we have not scarred you for life by now - haha! Love ya!

Dave said...

Thanks honey for posting all these awesome pics and for telling us all about it. I wished I was there but I'm glad you and Kayla had fun! Thanks for the pic of you too! LOVE YOU!!!!

Keri said...

I didn't know Walmart did that. One more reason for me to love Walmart. Don't worry, I think all of us would do the same thing for free food even if it wasn't good!