Hey everyone! Although I miss Kathy and Kayla IMMENSELY, we have been BUSY and have had some fun here in Ohio. Everyday we have hours and hours of lectures and it is like a fire hose! We've had 5 tests and they are so hard to study for because we cover SO MUCH!
Since we've been here we've gone on some field trips throughout the base and here are some pics:
Hard hat area with no hard hat ... just a thick skull! :)
Recycle center
Monument for the Wright brothers.
Overlooking the field where the Wright brothers used to fly.On the weekends we have gone to a comedy club, an amusement park, the football hall of fame, Churchill Downs (home of the Kentucky Derby), and the Louisville Slugger factory/museum. Here are some pics for that too:
Amusement park called King's Island (We did this ride at night with NO Lights! It was AWESOME!)
Me at the Football Hall of Fame
With my LDS Hall of Famer Steve Young
My friend and I decided we'd make a funny picture with this and a couple saw and demanded that I did it again so they could get a picture too!
Louisville Slugger Factory/MuseumI have 2 weeks to go, 1 here in Ohio and 1 in Florida. From what I've heard the week in Florida is the best of the whole training. We get to operate heavy equipment and work on airfields and its kind of like a week long camping trip. We'll be eating MRE's (meals ready to eat) and sleeping in tents. We can't even have our cell phones or are able to leave the area. It will be fun but I'll miss talking to Kathy at night.
I can't wait to come home!

4 comments:
hey dave, I hope all is great for you. WE miss you guys so much!! We are thinking of driving out to Colorado soon. HOpe we can hook up with you guys. Love Doug and kat
As much fun as you're having, Dave, I bet Kathy misses you more. Not as much as Bud misses you, though. Glad you're having fun. What's it like to grab a grown man's bum with slick football pants on?
Sooooo good to hear from you Ksthy!! Kayla is beautiful and she looks just like you! We miss you guys and are so glad you have a blog so that we can keep up on you. Take care Dave.
Sorry I mis-typed your name Kathy!!
Post a Comment