Dec 8, 2008

Welcome Home Dave!



(Okay, so I am catching up yet again.)


Dave got home on Monday Nov. 24th. Just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Yea!!!!


So here's how the day went when Dave got home:


I ended up babysitting for a girl in my ward for a few hours in the morning. Then when they left Kayla and I decorated and cleaned. I kept calling Dave to see where he was at, I thought he would be home at any minute. When I called he said he had a bit to drive. So, Kayla and I jumped in the car and decided to get some helium balloons at the party store, because I thought I had some time, but didn't. We ran in and while picking out the balloons Dave called saying he had turned onto Powers Blvd! Gulp! (minutes away from our house) So, I told the lady my dilemma, which had no affect on her, she seemed bored. The helium was running out too. I took what I could get and then called Dave. He was there! I told him he could not go in the house yet, and that we were coming! I was so excited! I laughed because of the situation. I did feel bad that he got home, and we weren't there! I totally thought I had at least 30 minutes! But better him home sooner than later. We weren't too far thank goodness, we drove up and there he was!!! Kayla was so excited one of the balloons went up in the sky, but we didn't care, our daddy was home!!!
I really appreciate Dave even MORE than I did because he was gone. We have never been a apart for that long since we have even known each other. Seeing him was like a dream. He IS real! Really and truly. The night before I couldn't sleep, I had butterflies and it felt like waiting for Christmas on Christmas Eve. It was the weirdest most wonderful feeling to see him there, actually at our house, and to get to hug him, and yes, kiss him!!! A lot....=) Kayla actually candidly took this picture!
She took this picture too.


Kayla requested that when Dave got home we all have a "tea party" with her princess tea set and that we watch Wall-E. That was pretty fun, and just nice to do together that was special!


Then as a special treat we all went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We weren't just celebrating the happy fact that Dave was home. Dave and I have been reading the Old Testament for...a long time. Our tradition when we finish the Book of Mormon or Doctrine & Covenants, ect, is to go out to dinner. But we decided when we got half-way through the Old Testament we would celebrate. We would still try to read over the phone while he was at his training. And we finally made it to the halfway mark.

No comments: