Jan 4, 2009

Christmas Shoes

While Dave was off we went to Wal-Mart and ended up renting a Red Box movie called "Christmas Shoes" to watch when Kayla was asleep. I thought it looked like it would be a cute Christmas movie and had seen it advertised at Deseret Book, but had no idea really what it was about.


Just recently, I had told Dave that I was in the car driving to a store when a song came on, and I should know better to change the station when it's on, otherwise I cry like a baby. So, that's what I did! When I got to the store I had to compose myself before I went inside, but I looked like I had been crying, and got a few concerned looks from the store clerks at Walgreens.


So, keep this in mind, because as it turned out, the movie we had gotten was based off of this song I had heard in the car. Duh! And I hadn't even put the two things together! So, Dave and I had a cryfest and I said to him through tears, Oh no! Dave, this movie is about that song! Oh man....if you want to watch it, and you don't mind that you might be exhausted after you watch it, it has a really good message and it was touching. We still recommend it. Here's a link to the song and lyrics. http://peachpatch.com/shoes.html

No comments: