For the longest time I had no idea what I would do for Kayla's teachers. I was drawing a complete blank. And crunch time came, but I was saved! There are two really talented and crafty ladies in my ward. For our annual craft event for Relief Society they had helped with a lot of cute ideas. One of the ideas were a bunch of different holiday stitcheries that were framed and made up cute. I didn't sign up for those, but thought they were adorable.
I asked if there were any leftover kits from the Relief Society "Fabulous Friday". She said there weren't, but she could make some up. She is very crafty, and her stitchery design is even copyrighted. She was so sweet, even though life was so crazy, and I told her not to worry about it, (and wasn't planning on getting them) she surprised me and made up some kits for me to do. Yea! I was saved! I got 2 snowmen ones for Kayla's teachers and a baby Jesus one for me, but I didn't get to do that one yet. There was vinyl lettering to go on the frame, but she was out. But her friend, who is the other really crafty lady, said I could come over and she could make some up for me, and pay her for it. This gal has her own business and is an artist and has her own vinyl lettering machine! Her work room is amazing! My sister would die!
I try to be crafty, it doesn't came as naturally, but I do like to do crafts. I sure am grateful for the ones that are crafty because their talent enriches my life and those around them. My mom and my sister are pretty crafty. I admire crafty people. So doing these sticheries was a new experience for me. I have never done cross stich or anything like it before. I had to do a french knot and had no idea how, but thanks to the Internet and you tube, I learned! Kayla, our artist, helped me to paint the frames, and thankfully we got them finished just in time! Kayla also painted and decorated a picture for them and we gave them the a Joy to the World dvd. So here's a picture of the finished product.
No comments:
Post a Comment