Jan 4, 2009

Kayla's secret letter run

So here's the story.....


It was a snowy, blizzardy Saturday morning. Dave and I were fast asleep when all of a sudden I hear the dead bolt on our front door turn. I sprang out of bed and Dave and I both ran down the stairs, slightly freaked out because we didn't know if Kayla was opening it for a stranger or where she was going! Kayla was in her pajamas, and had gotten on her winter coat and boots. We were running down the stairs and telling her to stay inside, which must have really startled her, because she immediately burst into tears. We were trying to see what she was doing when I noticed she had 2 pieces of printer paper she had drawn on and they had stamps in the very top right corners. Then Kayla through sobs said she wanted to mail some letters to her grandmas! Oh she is so cute! I hugged her and told her we could mail them! I guess Kayla has often watched me put stamps on letters, and knows the drawer where I keep them! It was so touching to me that she wanted to send her grandmas a letter. So grandmas, know that Kayla loves you!

No comments: