Jan 5, 2009

Gingerbread house

We made a gingerbread house. Okay, well it wasn't homemade, I got a kit on sale at Michael's. Growing up my mom would made some truly amazing homemade gingerbread houses that she would sell at craft shows. I wish I had a picture of at least one of them, because they were pretty awesome!

Kayla's speech and language teacher recommended that we put together a house for Kayla so we could use spacial concepts like up, above, next to, between, beside, on top, on the bottom, ect, to give her some more chances to see those concepts in context. Dave did a really good job of reminding and helping Kayla use those spacial concepts and put on the candy. Kayla did a really good job..... and I often caught her sneaking the candy! Then she would just smile at me innocently. Little turkey! We had a lot of fun, and learned next time a better way to assemble the gingerbread so that the roof wasn't sliding off and so Phillip won't have to hold it there for an eternity. But we did it! Grandma and Phillip helped a lot. Phillip added some pretty sweet iciles to the roof. Thanks everyone!

No comments: