Everyone was at Michael’s place for New Year’s. My mom treated us to Papa Murphy’s pizza, and of course, we had lots of stuff to snack on and drink. Kayla and Jacob still had some time before bed, so we played some games with them and then got them ready for bed.
After the kids were in bed we played clue charades, Pit, Wise or Otherwise-(which is like Balderdash except there are sayings from different parts of the world you finish), and Trivial Pursuit. We snacked and ate, and Dave and I got to expand a little and try some different cheeses….I have no idea how to spell them or what they were, so I won’t even try! My family likes cheese. Some of the cheeses I can remember eating when I was younger.

We were all so busy playing games that we were cutting it close to midnight and busted out the sparkling cider and cups. I think when we counted down, the clock was actually a minute past, haha! The last game we played was Trivial Pursuit, which totally fried my brain, and which Michael won! Good job Michael!
We left about 2am. Kayla has been so good. A few times we’ve gone over we put her down in Michael and Ruth’s room and then when we left we would go get her and go home. When we got her on New Year’s and we were in the car, we were hoping she would fall back asleep. Oh no, she was wide awake. Apparently that was just a power nap. She was dancing in the car and actually pretty happy. She said when we got home we could read her some books. Um, no. She did go down for bed, thank goodness. She is so cute….
After the kids were in bed we played clue charades, Pit, Wise or Otherwise-(which is like Balderdash except there are sayings from different parts of the world you finish), and Trivial Pursuit. We snacked and ate, and Dave and I got to expand a little and try some different cheeses….I have no idea how to spell them or what they were, so I won’t even try! My family likes cheese. Some of the cheeses I can remember eating when I was younger.
We were all so busy playing games that we were cutting it close to midnight and busted out the sparkling cider and cups. I think when we counted down, the clock was actually a minute past, haha! The last game we played was Trivial Pursuit, which totally fried my brain, and which Michael won! Good job Michael!
We left about 2am. Kayla has been so good. A few times we’ve gone over we put her down in Michael and Ruth’s room and then when we left we would go get her and go home. When we got her on New Year’s and we were in the car, we were hoping she would fall back asleep. Oh no, she was wide awake. Apparently that was just a power nap. She was dancing in the car and actually pretty happy. She said when we got home we could read her some books. Um, no. She did go down for bed, thank goodness. She is so cute….
1 comment:
I grew up doing the same thing on New Years Eve. Seeing the picture brings back so many memories. Mike and I missed out this year!
Post a Comment