Mar 3, 2009

Our Game Junkie

Kayla LOVES games.

Seriously, everyday Kayla asks both Dave and I, “Do you want to play a game?”
This phase has lasted for a few months. I’ve been going just a little bit crazy. But I have to remind myself that this is a good thing. It’s time spent with her doing something she loves to do, and I want that. Time spent with her is saying I love you. And there may come a day when we are constantly bugging her to play games with us as she gets to be older. But man oh man, she loves to play them! And not just once, but over and over again. Don’t get us wrong, we LOVE games too, just not all day everyday! =) It is good times though, and we are making family memories, and Kayla is learning a lot. She is really good now at taking turns and getting better at counting, and counting how many spaces, especially with Chutes and Ladders. She is doing a good job at being happy, even if she doesn’t win. And with games like Memory and Disney’s Scene It, she is developing good memory skills, audio/visual skills, and comprehension. So, we are trying to make it somewhat “educational” too.

Here are just a few of her favorites:
Tag
Hide n’ Seek
Red Light Green Light
Candy Land
Chutes and Ladders
Memory
Whac A Mole
Dave gets pretty creative when playing hide n' seek. We couldn't find him for awhile, until we looked up! I had to take a picture of this!


I'm glad he can get up there on the ledge. You can't see it, but the ceiling is vaulted and slants up. When we first moved in, within a week we hear the annoying sound of dying batteries from the smoke detector. And of course, it was the one on the vaulted ceiling. Thank goodness for Dave, who climbed up and was able to fix it that way!

Okay, this picture probably looks weird. This was another time we couldn't find Dave. Those are his feet as he is getting out from under the bed. Didn't even think to look there because I know I wouldn't (we keep a lot of stuff under there)!


And here is a sampling of Kayla and her daddy playing tag.

2 comments:

Ruth Worthington said...

How fun!! We have been going game crazy at our house, too. I love Dave's super hide-and-seek skills! Looks like you are all doing well and happy! :)

Ben Thomander said...

When I first read “Do you want to play a game?” I thought of that computer voice on War Games (Dave can probably reenact it for you if you've never seen it).

One question, were those pictures all taken in the moment or were any of them reenacted? Those are great hiding spots, Dave. When I'm too lazy I just pull my sweater over my head to hide.