Mar 3, 2009

The Privacy Pirate

Kayla thinks we shouldn’t have our privacy sometimes. I think most kids are this way. You know what I mean. Hanging on the door, and sticking their cute little hands under the door until you are done in the bathroom. When I shower she tries to open the door when she hears the water turn off. Haha Kayla! I locked it! You’ll have to wait till I’m out.

Well, that’s what I thought anyway.

But the other day she quite surprised me. I was out of the shower, and heard her jiggle the door handle. I smiled to myself, because the door was locked, and I do enjoy my privacy. But Kayla was back again, and in shock watched the lock on the door turn and the door open! What?! There was Kayla, quite pleased with herself and laughing, waving her toy plastic sword. The sword turned out to be the perfect thickness to open the lock. I have no idea how she figured that out! I laughed to myself, but we had a little talk, again, about privacy. I think it worked, because she hasn’t done it since. For now I am hiding the sword and keeping my guard.


Kayla's "key"

The sword in question


9 comments:

Ruth Worthington said...

Oh my! I didn't think Kayla would clue into the beauty of "swashbuckling action" so young! :) Its funny the things we end up having to have conversations about with our kids! :)

Rachel said...

I really think kids are too smart for their own good:)

Keri said...

How funny! I remember trying to get locks open as a kid. I think they make them much easier now!

Bre said...

she's pretty clever.

Porter Family said...

I think she has a great career ahead of her in the locksmithing business.

Ben Thomander said...

That's hilarious. When I was reading I pictured a tiny sword close to the size of a key. When I saw the picture I literally laughed out loud.

Yearsley couple said...

Man, You made me laugh so hard, cus I can totally relate. My little nephew figured out that a boby-pin does the same job. Just just smile and remind them a lock was put there for a reason. Love you guys and hope to come visit you soon. Love you tons Doug and Kat Y.

jmelgan said...

Too funny. That is pretty amazing.

Kirsten said...

Just stopped by to say hi. Patti and I are making Heather's sweet rolls tonight. Wish you could come too! ;)