Well, if you are REALLY interested, then read on.
I have a book that just says it so perfectly for how I’ve been feeling, for awhile.
“Stage One: In the early part of stage one, you are either in shock, denial, or a state of joyful bliss about being pregnant. [How about all of the above?] This early stage lasts for about 27 seconds before the “Oh, boy, am I ever pregnant!” segment of your nine-month journey begins. At this stage you may well spend most of your time racing for the toilet, which has suddenly taken on several practical uses these days. Food is not your friend. Even the sight of anything resembling food can make you gag. It isn’t just morning sickness but all-day-and-night sickness. You have about as much energy as a hound dog on a hot day in July sunning on the porch.”
Perfectly put!
Yeah, all-day-and-night sickness for sure. I was trying to describe the nausea all the time feeling to Dave like this:
Have you ever been to the fair or amusement park with your friends and you ride way too many spiny rides? And after all these rides you feel so sick and nauseous? And you are there the rest of the day, walking around, feeling yucky, and nothing sounds good to eat or helps, and you are trying to put on a happy face and have fun? And all you want to do is find a place to lie down and stay there forever? Imagine that feeling, but all the time. Can you relate? That’s my best analogy, if you ever wonder what it’s like. =)
It’s getting a little bit better. I actually made dinner last night. That is big! I even handled chicken without gagging or tossing my cookies! When I was pregnant with Kayla food wasn’t my friend until I was 5 months along....so we'll see. But this baby has been pretty good to me so far in comparison. With Kayla I lost a lot of weight in the first trimester and all I could keep down was Ramen, salad, and milk, I know, weird. So I definitely have been able to keep most food in me, that takes some effort, but I just don’t want to eat food.
Anyways, I haven’t really done much, or felt like doing much. Like blogging! Man, it’s been awhile. I‘m pretty proud of myself when I accomplish two “big” tasks, like putting away the laundry or folding it. Last month I was mostly on the couch. Kayla has been really sweet and understanding. We have watched lots of movies cuddling on the couch, read books, and played games, pretty low key things. I’m not on the couch all the time, so that is an improvement, but I’m not exactly all done with all-day sickness so I just have to budget my energy in a day. Dave has been very good and so helpful and understanding. He’s taken care of us.
I think sub-consciously I didn’t blog because, well, we weren’t telling people I was pregnant, and if we did tell I would just be blogging about how many times I had “tossed my cookies”. Not very interesting reading.
Okay, saying that, I won’t do another post on this interesting subject until I can say food is my friend, and then you’ll know the sickness is gone! But seriously, I have really been trying to be grateful that I am sick, because it’s comforting. As long as I am sick, then I know that everything is okay with the baby. So I’ve been trying to be more thankful for that, because it has brought me peace of mind.
2 comments:
Kathy! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I have been meaning to check your blog more often, so I need to put you and Dave on my own blog list. I remember how sick you were with Kayla when we were neighbors. You were such a trooper. You will do great. I will tell Ryon tonight. He will be so excited for both of you! Yay! Yay! Yay!
Yay! I am excited for you! We are having a baby, too, in September. I am right there with you about being sick (I am finally starting to do better, as long as I don't take prenatals). I think it helps a lot to keep busy and go out and do things, even if you feel totally miserable. Good luck.
Post a Comment