
So here is a picture that Kayla drew. On the left is Dave and Kayla said, "This is daddy and he's a Superman and he's going to save you mommy." In the middle is Spider Man. Kayla said, "This is Spider-man, and he's going to get you!" (I didn't know Spider Man was a bad guy...) And on the right is me, and Kayla said, "This is you mommy. You're sad becasue you got hurt."
You can tell the influence of boys from her pre-school, because we have never exposed anything Spider Man to her. There are now 3 other little girls and 9 boys, thank goodness! (She drew this when it was just her and another little girl. And before I was pregnant.)
I wanted to show Kayla’s art, but also do a post on Dave. Kayla’s drawing is very fitting. Dave is my hero, our hero! I know Dave is going to be embarrassed about this post. I usually have Dave proof read my posts and I’ve done posts about him before, ones telling how grateful I am for him, but he didn’t want them posted! Silly boy, I guess he doesn’t want it to seem like I am bragging. So if I sound like I am bragging, I totally don’t mean to, I am just so grateful for him!
Holy Cow, Dave has been so wonderful. He has done a lot! So here is some background. The week we found out I was pregnant, he also changed jobs within his squadron. Peteron AFB has spent months preparing and anticipating an inspection, which took place this week and will continue next week too. Dave’s last job was him trying to keep busy and doing online tutorials when he wasn’t busy. He went from that to Section Commander, a busy job being a right hand man to the Colonel, overseeing people, and includes many duties and responsibilities. The guy that had the job previously was deploying. And it wasn’t just the job change that made it so crazy for him. It was getting down his new job on top of the upcoming inspection and making sure paperwork and files and everything was in order. Everyone’s fear right now on base is that they will be that guy that doesn’t pass their part of the inspection. So Dave had to learn this new job and then somehow get things in order and up to par in his job to pass an inspection. Yikes.
So this new job, and my all day sickness came all at the same time. Lucky timing? I was a mess. I couldn’t even handle food. But Dave was so good and even after a crazy day at work, he would make dinner for us. And do grocery shopping because even the smell of a grocery store made me want to run away! That and the smell of food cooking or the sight of it and the smell of our fridge when it was opened. He helped do dishes and laundry and helped do, pretty much my job on top of his. He would play with Kayla and give her baths and read her books and get her ready for bed. He would take care of me too, making sure I ate and drank. I felt so bad. I knew he was under a lot of pressure at work, and then had to come home and take care of us. But Dave has never made me feel bad for being sick and has happily and willingly served us and helped. I am so grateful for that. And if I got up to do something, he would gently tell me to sit down and not worry about it. He is so sweet. Dave has been there too through my pregnancy ups and downs, given me hugs and comfort, blessings, and been a shoulder to cry on. Especially because no one really knew around us, so he was that much more understanding, thoughtful, and helpful. I have been so amazed by him. He should have had a breakdown by now, (I’ve had some myself) but he has borne everything so well. I am so grateful for him, and his example, and all that he has done. I don’t know if personally I would have handled things as well as he did. Thank you Dave! I’m so grateful for you and for all you have done! I love you very much! You truly are my hero!
I wanted to show Kayla’s art, but also do a post on Dave. Kayla’s drawing is very fitting. Dave is my hero, our hero! I know Dave is going to be embarrassed about this post. I usually have Dave proof read my posts and I’ve done posts about him before, ones telling how grateful I am for him, but he didn’t want them posted! Silly boy, I guess he doesn’t want it to seem like I am bragging. So if I sound like I am bragging, I totally don’t mean to, I am just so grateful for him!
Holy Cow, Dave has been so wonderful. He has done a lot! So here is some background. The week we found out I was pregnant, he also changed jobs within his squadron. Peteron AFB has spent months preparing and anticipating an inspection, which took place this week and will continue next week too. Dave’s last job was him trying to keep busy and doing online tutorials when he wasn’t busy. He went from that to Section Commander, a busy job being a right hand man to the Colonel, overseeing people, and includes many duties and responsibilities. The guy that had the job previously was deploying. And it wasn’t just the job change that made it so crazy for him. It was getting down his new job on top of the upcoming inspection and making sure paperwork and files and everything was in order. Everyone’s fear right now on base is that they will be that guy that doesn’t pass their part of the inspection. So Dave had to learn this new job and then somehow get things in order and up to par in his job to pass an inspection. Yikes.
So this new job, and my all day sickness came all at the same time. Lucky timing? I was a mess. I couldn’t even handle food. But Dave was so good and even after a crazy day at work, he would make dinner for us. And do grocery shopping because even the smell of a grocery store made me want to run away! That and the smell of food cooking or the sight of it and the smell of our fridge when it was opened. He helped do dishes and laundry and helped do, pretty much my job on top of his. He would play with Kayla and give her baths and read her books and get her ready for bed. He would take care of me too, making sure I ate and drank. I felt so bad. I knew he was under a lot of pressure at work, and then had to come home and take care of us. But Dave has never made me feel bad for being sick and has happily and willingly served us and helped. I am so grateful for that. And if I got up to do something, he would gently tell me to sit down and not worry about it. He is so sweet. Dave has been there too through my pregnancy ups and downs, given me hugs and comfort, blessings, and been a shoulder to cry on. Especially because no one really knew around us, so he was that much more understanding, thoughtful, and helpful. I have been so amazed by him. He should have had a breakdown by now, (I’ve had some myself) but he has borne everything so well. I am so grateful for him, and his example, and all that he has done. I don’t know if personally I would have handled things as well as he did. Thank you Dave! I’m so grateful for you and for all you have done! I love you very much! You truly are my hero!
1 comment:
Adorable picture. Great job Kayla. Dave's a hero to more then he knows. Definately someone to look up to. Thanks Dave for being that kind of man. Love you tons!
Post a Comment