Aug 12, 2009

Our 7 Year Anniversary!!!

Dave and I got married in the LDS Denver Temple on August 9th, 2002. So, we have been married for 7 years!!!! That just seems so crazy to me! They have been wonderful! And Dave is still all that and a bag of chips to me! I adore him. I am so grateful to be married to my best friend, to be his wife, his eternal companion and I often wonder what I did to to have him, but I thank Heavenly Father everyday for him! (Okay, you get the point, the rest of the mushy stuff I saved for his card.) =)

We had a truly wonderful day. It was perfect. My sister-in-law Ruth and my brother Michael babysat Kayla for us the whole day. Thank you guys sooooooo much!!!! (Kayla had a fun day too playing with her cousin Jacob.)

(We celebrated on Saturday, our anniversary was on Sunday.) In the morning we drove to Denver and did an endowment session. Dave said we were "going back to the temple of our inheritance." We both got our endowments out in Denver, and got married there, so it was awesome to finally go back there for our anniversary, since we've been other places on Aug. 9th. There was a wedding there that day, August is a good time to get married. And it was cool because while waiting for the session to start the chapel was occupied, so they had the rest of us wait in a sealing room. Perfect! That was awesome to be in a sealing room together and remember our sealing (which was done by Dave's grandpa) and all the family and friends that surrounded us that day 7 years ago.


Afterward we went to the cafeteria. We didn't see the sign, but they don't accept any debit or credit cards, just cash or check! So that was a little awkward when we were at the register. Oh no. What do we do? So the lady just says we can do an I.O.U. and writes down the address of the temple so we can send them a check in the mail. Wow, only in the temple. And now we know for the future, I guess!

We headed back to the Springs and decided to go and see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This would be the 2nd time seeing it! We went on a double date with Michael and Ruth the first time, which was really fun. And yes, it was AWESOME!!! Harry Potter has been a tradition since we were first dating. We've read all the books together out loud. We are definitely Harry Potter nerds!


After the movie we decided to try P.F. Chang's. We both had never been there before. So it was fun to try it out and just be together and talk.


Here is my handsome husband!!!!

We had an awesome day. It was nice to listen to love songs in the car and then talk about what we remember leading up to and the day of and afterward of our wedding day. We remembered too all the help, love, support, service, gifts, and blessings from our family and friends. Thank you! We love you and appreciate you and all you did then and now too!

Our gift to each other was a new video camcorder. So, I will be videoing Dave at every moment that I can, or as much as he'll allow. =)

Happy Anniversary Dave!!!! I love you very much!

3 comments:

Bre said...

Congratulations!

Ruth Worthington said...

I am so glad you had a great anniversary! Love you guys!

Annie said...

Congratulations, Kathy and Dave! We are just a couple months away from our seven year anniversary too! I remember hearing you guys read Harry Potter in your apartment next door from us. :o) I totally remember that about you two. I admire your courage about the next year, being apart. You two are amazing. You will be in our prayers. We love you guys.