As you can see, she is very excited. She got all dressed, shoes on, jacket, backpack, and there was still more than an hour till school started!
She was so cute. When I was dropping her off she said, "Mom, I'm going to miss you. I love you!" She didn't cry, though there were plenty of tears from the other kindergartners. She was so ready and excited, but it was nice to have her glance back at me while in line and wave, and sign "I love you" to me. Oh man, it took all my composure to keep it together until she got inside, and then I cried!
Here are all the kindergarteners lining up outside.
I thought this was pretty cute. All the kindergarten teachers were handing these baggies out from the PTA to the parents. A baggie with a tissue and some chocolate kisses. Yes, I used the tissue! (Don't worry, tears only!)
When I went to go pick Kayla up as soon as she saw me she yelled, "Mommy!!!" And then bolted from the line almost knocking me over with a hug. Oh Kayla, you make my heart melt!!!
Kayla told me all about her day and how much fun she had. She loves school. (Hopefully that love continues!)
Yay!!! Kayla's 1st Day of School!!!!!
3 comments:
Okay, I cried just reading about Kayla going to school and Sadie still has a year to wait! This could be really bad. :)
Glad you made it through the first day.
And I read the post about Dave being deployed. That's going to be hard. But you are one tough chick, Kathy and you'll make it and be stronger for it. Thanks for serving our country, Dave. We need good men out there.
Glad to hear Kayla had such a good first day of school.
I am so happy to see that Kayla loves school - she is such a sweetie and a smartie, too! ;) She will have to tell Jacob all about it when they see each other.
Post a Comment