Dec 13, 2009

December, so far

Ward Christmas Party
I took the girls to our church ward party. I entered the baking contest and made cream puffs. I did raspberry cream, peppermint, and regular cream fillings. My friend Camille won the grand prize, Lion House fudge oatmeal crunch bars, which I didn’t get to try but were very popular! Everyone won a category, I won most appealing. We had dinner and then the bishop gave a spiritual message. Afterward we sang carols, and there were pictures with Santa! I had to sneak out during the carols and take care of Makenna, but the family at our table took care of Kayla for me. Makenna was held a lot as she got passed around our table. She got a lot of loving. And a lot of the little kids there came over often to peek on her too. We had a lot of fun!!! When we left to go home in the car Kayla asked me, “Hey, where are Santa’s reindeer?” I told her Mrs. Claus probably dropped him off and that she would come back later and pick him up with his sleigh and reindeer. =)



AF Kids Christmas Party
I took the girls on base for the squadron Kid Christmas Party. We had a lot of fun! Kayla went straight to the bouncy fire engine of course. There was pizza (which was donated from CiCi’s I believe) and treats to eat and crafts to do. Kayla made a candy cane reindeer.
And the best part of all was pictures with Santa. The girl in charge has Santa for a dad! Kayla and Makenna were given beanie baby animals and a $2 bill (which were also donated) as a present from Santa. I got a few pictures of the party, but when I went to take a picture of the girls with Santa, my batteries died! Thankfully they took pictures and the office secretary (bless you April!) e-mailed them to me! Kayla had a lot of fun, and I had fun too hanging out with the AF ladies.

1 comment:

jmelgan said...

Very cute pictures! I don't know how you do it. I would be a walking zombie too. Glad things are getting better for you. I know the sleep helps a lot.