Mar 16, 2010

February

For February highlights, I had a birthday, we celebrated Valentine's Day, went to Utah to move my mom over to Colorado, Dave graduated from his training in Indiana, and we awaited his departure to Afghanistan.


Makenna's Tongue

In February Makenna was so funny because she would stick out her tongue! She'd stick it out way far. I think she learned it from playing with Grandma Carol. =) I was always trying to get a good picture of how long she would stick it out, but I never really got a good one I was satisfied with. Oh well. These will have to do. I think she would get distracted by the camera and stop doing it. Silly baby. Here are some pics of her.

She is trying to eat Kayla in this one!


My Birthday
I can't believe I am as old as I am! I had a great birthday though. I really felt very special.
My mom treated us to Johnny Carino's, which is one of my favorite restaurants. We did curbside to go. My mom and I got Bow Tie Festival pasta, which is my classic pick. Micahel, Ruth,and Jacob came over to celebrate. I wish I had taken more pictures! I realized later I just took one! (Sorry Ruth! I cut you off by accident!) We ate dinner and I was able to talk to Dave on Skype. We couldn't get the video to work on his end, but he could see us. Then we had ice cream and the most delicous cake I have EVER had for my birthday. Michael and Ruth had brought it over. (I'm not a fan of Buttercreme frosting. This one had the non-dairy whipped kind, with chocolate cake, and raspberry filling. It was soooooo good!) Thanks you guys! Everyone sang to me, and I opened presents. It was a little crazy because we were trying to get Skype to work, and Dave would have to re-boot at times, bu I was grateful he got to be a part of my birthday. He made it very special for me, even though he was so far away. He had ordered my presents ahead of time, so I got to open them on Skype. He gave me a beautiful necklace with our family picture on it and a gift card. I heard from Dave throughout the day via texts/e-cards and phone calls. I really felt so special and loved by him, even though he wasn't here. I was so grateful for all he did, even though I know he was so busy, he was still so thoughtful and sweet! I'm grateful for technology too, I felt him near. It was a great birthday. My friends also took me out to dinner the next day. It was fun to have a girl's night out!
Valentines

Kayla decided to put these cute heart shaped sun glasses on Makenna, she didn't seem to mind them being on.

I know, if her dentist saw this picture he would flip! Don't tell! (I didn't let her have the whole thing. =)

On Saturday the day before Valentine's I was upstairs cleaning the bathrooms. Makenna was asleep finally and I was cleanin' up a storm. There was a knock on the door mid cleaning the toilet, but I ran downstairs to get it. I opened the door, and felt a little silly because I was sweaty and had cleaning gloves on my hands, but also surprised! Someone had sent me flowers! They were beautiful! I assumed they were from Dave, but there was no card, or anything to say who they were from. Later when I talked to him I found out they were from him. He was annoyed that I didn't recieve the card, and asked if there was anything else with the flowers, to which I said no. He was a little ticked because he had also ordered a resturant gift card, chocolates, and a little teddy bear. He e-mailed the company that night. I was okay, I LOVED the 2 dozen beautiful roses! And I had no idea about the other things. He was my hero! I know he did want to make it extra special, since he wouldn't be here for it. So, the company got the e-mail, and sent me not only the gift card, chocolates, and teddy bear(for Kayla), but they also sent me ANOTHER dozen roses for the mistake. We all made sure we took advantage of smelling and enjoying those beautiful roses. Thank you honey! Kayla and I also got to do Skype with Dave in the morning and he got to open the package we sent him. It was a good day. "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend". Happy Valentine's Day honey!!!!!


Uncle Phillip Visits
On Valentine's Day we also flew over to Utah. We packed up my mom and tied up loose ends on that side. We got a ton of help from my mom's family over there, thank you all so much! That's when I got to see my in-laws too. I flew back, while my mom and my brother Phillip packed up her car and drove over to Colorado. Phillip braved some patchy wintery storms and roads on the way over. Thanks Philliy for doing that! When they got into town we ordered pizza and Michael and Ruth and jacob came over. It was so fun to be together! This was Phillip's first time meeting Makenna! I'm really glad he got to see her. Phillip and Michael helped do some "man" things, by moving Makenna's crib and changing table in my room so my mom could have a room all to herself. Thanks you guys! (This way too, Kayla couldn't go downstairs and wake my mom up at 6am asking for breakfast and a game, despite me telling her not to do that!=) )

Phillip stayed the night with Michael and Ruth and then he was off to get home for school. It was a short visit, but I am sooooo glad we got to see him!


This picture just made me happy. =)

We have been getting my mom settled and organizing......a lot.
During this time too, Dave graduated from training. He made that very touching montage of our family for Valentine's Day, and posted it on our blog a little bit before he left for Afghanistan. When I thought about him actually leaving for Afghanistan my stomach would always get that funny feeling, like when you take off in an airplane and get those butterflies. But he made it safe and sound!!! It is hard to fathom how we can talk with so much distance between us!

I haven't posted really much about him. I never know exactly what I can/can't say on a public blog, though I have written a few updates about Dave and sent them to our families. But hopefully in the near future Dave and I will get something put up if anyone is interested, and if anything, for our own records.

No comments: