Jul 4, 2010

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day! We had a pretty good Fourth of July. The boy scouts posted the flag in our yard again and it is so awesome to see it out there! Isn't our country wonderful? Dave, we missed you, of course, and thought about you a lot. Thank you for all your service and sacrifices you are making and for blessing not only us, but your country and especially for all the good you are doing for the people in Afghanistan where you are. I'm grateful for the countless others who are serving now, and those who have served, and for those who fought to obtain freedom for our country. I'm grateful for our forefathers and Founding Fathers, the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, principles our nation was founded on, our rights and freedoms, and a loving God who established it. Anyways, what a blessing. I think I take it for granted often, that I am free and live in this truly wonderful nation that is set a part from the world in many ways. I love America! Happy Independence Day!

Michael and Ruth and her family invited us over for dinner after we had church which was really nice. We had a lot of fun. This video is of us watching the fireworks at the Air Force Academy from a distance...and its raining. =) I wasn't totally unprepared, we did have a waterproof picnic blanket from our trunk that came in handy!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Happy 4th of July! Thanks for the post hon! It's an honor to be in the military and to serve with some really great people. I love our country too and you're doing a great contribution by taking care of our family while I'm away. You're awesome!