That night I planned a romantic dinner for Dave. I got steaks, lobster tails, loaded potatoes, steamed veggies, fancy chocolate cake, and sparkling cider. When we dropped off the girls he kindly helped me make our dinner together and we ate it at on fancy china on our decorated table. I got a deal from Omaha Steaks, and got most of the things from them, from a deal on the Today Show. I have never had lobster tails, so I thought it would be fun to just try it out. I followed the directions exactly and put them under the broiler, but then when they were cooking the tails curled up and and were singed on the heating element in the oven. We had already started eating, so all of a sudden we smelled it and then saw the billowing smoke out of the oven. Haha...that was pretty romantic of me. Our house smelled pretty good after that. (No....not really.) We did have a lot of fun though and laughed about it. The cake was pretty yummy, and the girls had a ton of fun!
On Monday for Valentine's Day we had a family fun party! The Young Women also sold Valentine's packages for their fund raiser that we got. We got a movie package that included a bucket of popcorn, soda bottles, and a bunch of goodies, cupcakes, chocolate covered fortune cookies, and peanut butter dipped crackers. Yummy! We rented Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue. During the movie Dave got a call from work saying he needed to come down to the base because the gate wasn't working that leads into the airport, so we paused the movie and we all went! We just wanted to be together, and we had a lot of fun!
| Kayla and mommy watching Tinker Bell eating snacks |
| Daddy and his girls, they love him so much! |
No comments:
Post a Comment