Thankfully we have some very good friends who laughed about it. If you weren't home, then you missed out! We went down the line of contacts in our phones. We went by and told our friends we saw these at the store and thought of them. When we dropped off the other bag to our friends we noticed some cars in their driveway. My friend's family was there and they were having a birthday celebration for her. I totally did not know! Dave refused to go in, so it was up to me. I gave my friend the chocolates saying I was thinking of her and she thought I had gotten them because it had been her birthday. I was in agony! And her family was all there too. Oh man....I said goodbye and then told Dave and we nervously laughed and thought well, maybe they'll still be our friends after this....I really didn't want to give those chocolates to her. Too late. And then the next morning we found out what happened. So our friends had their chocolates on the counter sitting, untouched, overnight. Then they noticed a really bad smell. The first couple finally looked in the bag and unwrapped one of the chocolates to eat it, and got quite the surprise. He didn't see the note, so at first he thought they were moldy or something! And then the other couple finally traced the scent back to the bag and opened it, and thankfully laughed about it. They were still our friends after that. Maybe next time we'll get the fresh brussels sprouts....
Apr 1, 2011
April Fool's Day-Chocolates Anyone?
We had gotten back from Logan and we thought of a clever idea for April Fool's Day. It seems to be a tradition with us that we have to do something for April Fool's Day. So you can probably tell from the the pictures what we ended up doing. Those little Lindt truffle balls are pretty similar in shape and size to brussels sprouts. So here's what to do if you want to fool your friends and family. First, go to the store and buy the needed supplies. This was a little tricky for us. The fresh brussels sprouts seemed too big....but when we checked in the freezer aisle we saw some that were the perfect size. Only problem was that they were frozen and in a "butter sauce". Ewww, that would be gross for sure! After some debate we decided to go for it. Next, you'll want to assemble your "chocolates". Open the bags of truffles carefully. Write 4 notes on tiny slips of paper that say "April Fool's! P.S.-Good ones are inside too." We took 4 truffle balls out carefully, then wrapped a slip of paper and a brussels sprout in the wrapper and then placed the brussels sprouts truffles in the bag. Using a hot glue gun, carefully reseal the bag of chocolates, and voila'! April Fool's Truffles. : )
Thankfully we have some very good friends who laughed about it. If you weren't home, then you missed out! We went down the line of contacts in our phones. We went by and told our friends we saw these at the store and thought of them. When we dropped off the other bag to our friends we noticed some cars in their driveway. My friend's family was there and they were having a birthday celebration for her. I totally did not know! Dave refused to go in, so it was up to me. I gave my friend the chocolates saying I was thinking of her and she thought I had gotten them because it had been her birthday. I was in agony! And her family was all there too. Oh man....I said goodbye and then told Dave and we nervously laughed and thought well, maybe they'll still be our friends after this....I really didn't want to give those chocolates to her. Too late. And then the next morning we found out what happened. So our friends had their chocolates on the counter sitting, untouched, overnight. Then they noticed a really bad smell. The first couple finally looked in the bag and unwrapped one of the chocolates to eat it, and got quite the surprise. He didn't see the note, so at first he thought they were moldy or something! And then the other couple finally traced the scent back to the bag and opened it, and thankfully laughed about it. They were still our friends after that. Maybe next time we'll get the fresh brussels sprouts....
Thankfully we have some very good friends who laughed about it. If you weren't home, then you missed out! We went down the line of contacts in our phones. We went by and told our friends we saw these at the store and thought of them. When we dropped off the other bag to our friends we noticed some cars in their driveway. My friend's family was there and they were having a birthday celebration for her. I totally did not know! Dave refused to go in, so it was up to me. I gave my friend the chocolates saying I was thinking of her and she thought I had gotten them because it had been her birthday. I was in agony! And her family was all there too. Oh man....I said goodbye and then told Dave and we nervously laughed and thought well, maybe they'll still be our friends after this....I really didn't want to give those chocolates to her. Too late. And then the next morning we found out what happened. So our friends had their chocolates on the counter sitting, untouched, overnight. Then they noticed a really bad smell. The first couple finally looked in the bag and unwrapped one of the chocolates to eat it, and got quite the surprise. He didn't see the note, so at first he thought they were moldy or something! And then the other couple finally traced the scent back to the bag and opened it, and thankfully laughed about it. They were still our friends after that. Maybe next time we'll get the fresh brussels sprouts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment