Jul 4, 2011

Independence Day Ward Breakfast

Our ward had a 4th of July breakfast at the church and then a parade with the kids.  We invited Michael, Ruth, and Jacob too.  (They actually knew a ton of people from other wards they have been in...they are so popular!)  Our ward started off with a flag presentation and a talk from a member of our ward who is military, which was really good.  Then we sang some patriotic songs.  Breakfast was super yummy.  I loved cooked breakfast!  And then the kids got to show off their decorated bikes, trikes, strollers, and scooters in a parade!  A guy in our ward brought a homemade electric ....car (?) he build from scratch.  He allowed Kayla and several other kids to ride it.  He had a joystick remote that he controlled.  I guess it was like a grown up version of an RC car, but you get to ride it!  I'm glad we got to hang out with Michael, Ruth and Jacob!!!


No comments: