I've had some questions about what I'm doing down here in Ohio (down here? over here?, whatever) besides missing Kathy and Kayla. Well, We just had our first test covering all the "garrison" activities associated with the civil engineer squadron. Basically what we do when we are not deployed. That covers everything from training, readiness, construction, maintenance, contracts, planning, design, finances, etc., etc., etc. It is A TON.
Now we are in "Tech Week" which is all the technical side of civil engineering. We are basically reviewing most of what I learned in college. Structures, foundations, fluid mechanics, hydraulics, etc., etc., etc.
Next week we'll learn about what we do when we're deployed. We also find time to do regular physical training (running, team sports, weightlifting, etc.)
We do find some little time to have some fun while we're here too. Below are some pics of me gooofing around with one of the highest water fountains I have ever seen! It was higher when we first got there but its still pretty high

As you can see I tried to drink from it and it went right up my nose and in my eye. Good times. I'll try to get some real pics in when I can. Hopefully this wasn't boring, but, you asked for it!
3 comments:
Dave! Man - they sure keep you busy over there. We miss you! I dont think I have ever seen anyone get themselves in the eye at a drinking fountain - nice...haha.
Holy cow honey!!! And I see you made a friend, because someone had to take the picture! You are so cute!
good ones. did you snorf the water?!? love those eye/headaches!!
i loved your haircut, and i'm wondering if you're carrying a backpack in this top pic, or if it's a holster?! do you do any weapons training?!? or are you all abt the engineering?! do you know if you will be deployed?? we are sure rooting for you here in utah. you know that you have a whole squadron of army men practicing for their chance to serve.... hopefully missions will be first!!
love you all...
soo
Post a Comment