Oct 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Festivities!

So here's an update! I need to be better at posting! Last Saturday (Oct. 10th) Michael, Ruth, and Jacob invited Kayla and I to go to a pumpkin patch! It was in Monument, I had never heard of it before. When I was a little girl I went to Venetucci Elementary and every fall we went on a field trip to the Venetucci farm and got to pick out our own pumpkin. Good times, but I guess they only do it for the school kids, so we were all excited to go to this one!

Being the scatterbrain that I am, I neglected to bring any gloves or hats! And it was very very cold!!! We saw a few flakes at one time. But when we got there I looked in the trunk and thank heavens, found two hats and some of Dave's gloves and some garden gloves! What a blessing! They weren't matching or cute, but who cares when you're cold?! After awhile I wore Kayla's blue hat, but then they matched the blue flowery garden gloves I was wearing! Hard lesson learned, because I got chilled to the bone and got sick. Really made me think about if we got stuck somewhere in our car, if we would be adequately prepared or not. So, I am grateful for that experience, hopefully I will learn from it!


Jacob and Kayla, a perfect photo moment!

Here's Kayla sitting on a tractor! We got to go on a little tractor ride. While waiting for people to get off Jacob really wanted to get on it and the guy said it was okay, so naturally Kayla wanted to sit on it too. (Thanks for the pics/video Ruth and Michael!)

They had a little hay maze with tunnels to go through. Kayla went through the maze and when she was going back through again she got mad at Jacob because he was climbing over the hay bails instead of going around them to get out. We had to secretly laugh, it was pretty cute!


They had a few of these cutouts, this one, a corn one, and a farmer and his wife. She loved these and wanted to see the picture afterward. Kayla doesn't need to dress like candy to be so sweet.
This is called "Pumpkin 'O Dirt". We waited for the tractor and noticed Kayla and Jacob had found a broken up pumpkin and were busying themselves by filling it with dirt. Kayla said, "Okay, let's clean-up!"
Ruth took a picture of us on the tractor. Here's me, Kayla, my older brother Michael, and his son Jacob. Ruth let us go ahead and then took pictures for us. She's so sweet!

The kids got to pet some cute little goats. Kayla loved it! I wish I had gotten it in time, but there was a goat that was baaing and Kayla come over to it and was making baa sounds back and forth with it. It was pretty cute!

Yea pumpkin patch!!!!!

This place had rigged up some slides with heavy plastic boards pieced together and used hay bails to line the sides, for stairs and for the incline. The kids slide down on potato sacks. I was stationed at the slide top to help the kids get in line and to the top. Michael & Ruth were at the bottom taking pictures/video and sending them back over to me. Thanks for the video Michael & Ruth! Watch this video till the end. I think Kayla heard another little kid saying it, but it was still so cute. Reminded me of the little turtles on Finding Nemo.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed by your blog. Your family is growing so fast, especially Kayla. Kathy you look fantastic by the way. It looks like you guys are having lots of fun and making the best of so much. The boys and I miss you greatly. Good job on the hair cut Dave.

Dave said...

Great pics! I wish I could've been there! :( I'm glad you had fun though!