Nov 28, 2008

The Grocery Game

Lately I have really been having “fun” getting sales at the grocery stores and clipping coupons and finding things to stockpile for storage. I tried to make a lot of room in our garage for food storage and asked Heavenly Father to help me fill our shelves, and He has! Grocery cashiers probably get weirded out when I get really happy and excited after they tell me how much I’ve saved. It’s a lot of running around to different stores, but it is worth all the money I save! I’ve also gotten a ton of free food grade buckets from the Safeway Bakery and cleaned them out too. I just need to get lids for them and then fill them with food storage. I have a bunch already filled, but needed more to help rotate.

I have been watching Food Network a lot lately, while Dave was gone. On the show Unwrapped they did a segment on a website called The Grocery Game. I checked it out. It is pretty awesome! They have a system that tells you when is the best deal on sales at the grocery store, or when to wait for the rock bottom price. AND, you combine coupons with store sales. (We are now getting the paper on Sundays only, so I can get the coupons, well, and catch up on the news too.) Sometimes when you combine the store sales and the coupons you get stuff for FREE!!! You can trial test it for $1, and then depending on how many stores you want their list for, the price varies after your trial ends. If you're interested, check it out! Click the link below.

http://www.thegrocerygame.com/

1 comment:

Scot said...

I have been trying to find you guys for over a year now. Its good to see you guys are doing well. we are at www.scotandjenny.blogspot.com
We are back in the springs. So we should get together