Easter weekend was great! Saturday was really crazy!
Dave got called to go into work pretty early, as part of the inspection.
Kayla and I went to her Primary’s activity where she made some crafts and they had a little egg hunt. I slipped out at one point for a V.T. interview. I invited one of my Air Force wife friends to come too. I hope she had fun!
After the activity, Kayla and I caught the last part of a choir practice for a performance that night.
We went home, grabbed lunch, and then went on a hunt for Easter shoes for Kayla. That was a nightmare, but we finally found some her size that would work. (And for the record, don’t go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday, and on the day before any huge holiday! This is mostly for me to remember!)
Then, the same AF wife friend was having a get together at her house to do some Easter activities with some other AF wives. I felt bad, because we could only stay an hour, I needed to get back in time for a dress rehearsal for our choir Easter program. It was fun. Kayla was the oldest kid there, so she enjoyed frosting cookies and dying some eggs.
Then I made a sack lunch for me and Kayla and dropped Kayla off at a friend’s house, where our kids were babysat so we could go to choir. (Her husband was the director, and she was in the program.) We ran through the rehearsal and then had some time to wait for the program to start. That’s when I ducked out and ate my sack lunch! (It really was too bad that Dave was called in, since he had been to all the practices!)
I felt like the day was a crazy blur! I think I was so busy I couldn’t feel sick! But when the program started and the choir and soloists sang all those beautiful songs about the Savior; I felt so much peace. In between songs there was narration and then some video clips about the Savior. It was all really wonderful and at the end the congregation and choir sang, “I know that my Redeemer Lives.” I couldn’t finish singing because the words were caught in my throat. I was really thankful to be a part of the program and felt my testimony grow. It was wonderful!
1 comment:
you did a great job!
Post a Comment