Dave got a killer deal for a few nights stay at the YMCA of the Rockies, thanks to a military discount. We went after the base inspection, Dave was definitely in need of a much deserved break. We didn't make any huge vacation plans, we wanted to save money and Dave's time off, especially for when and after the baby is born. So this deal was perfect. It was a few hours away, making it a nice getaway. (We actually went awhile ago, I'm just catching up yet again!)
There weren't very many people there, yet, we went before the weekend rush. Almost everything there was included, as long as you were staying there. Kayla's favorite thing to go to was the indoor pool, they wouldn't allow the camera inside, bummer. We had a lot of fun!
You could sign up for different things to do. We tried out their mini-golf course. Kayla is a very determined little girl. She didn't give up so easily if she didn't get it!
We decided to try out archery. Our targets were made of sturdy foam: 2 deer, a dinosaur, and a target. Dave helped Kayla, and she actually got the dinosaur's foot! Yay Kayla!
I was okay at archery, but Dave did really well! So if there comes a time that is how we get our food, I'm comforted!
Kayla's first time roller skating! There is a video of her doing this too. I just took pictures. I'm bad enough when I'm not even pregnant, let alone disproportionately off balance!
The Rocky Mountains! Beautiful!!!!!
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good time!
I think the zip line would scare me too death!
Thanks for the picture of the mountains. We were forgetting what they looked like! That place looks like lots of fun. Glad Dave could go on the zip line a few times and prep for his run on the Amazing Race with Bud.
Looks like you guys had a good time and did a variety of fun things.
hahahaha....looks like kayla might be the next michelle kwan!! hahahaah... (don't tell her i'm laughing so hard.)
Post a Comment