Jul 1, 2009

Strong....and Kicking

This baby is very very active! Oh my goodness! I am so glad that she is though, because then I don't have to worry so much.

With both this baby and Kayla I was able to feel them kick really early on, actually at about 13 weeks for sure. It felt like someone was flicking me lightly with their finger inside, or gently brushing their hand against me. My theory is that I can feel them kicking me so early on because I carry really high. I'm not sure why, because it's not "normal". But I felt them, and I could feel all the kicks just below my tummy.

So, slowly and surely the kicks have gotten stronger and stronger. She likes to kick me the most and the hardest when I want to sleep. =) I hope this isn't a look into the future of sleep schedules.....

Kayla was able to feel the baby awhile ago, which was really fun. I grabbed her hand and stuck it on my tummy while we were reading books. Her eyes got so huge with surprise, but she thought it was pretty cool. When we were at the doctor yesterday she was sitting right beside me on the bed and she said, "Hey! The baby kicked me!" She was sitting so close the baby had kicked her from the side! Haha.

The other night we enjoyed a "show" as we watched my tummy jump all over the place like popcorn was being "popped" inside, and guessing where the baby would kick next.

If you know Kayla you know she is very active! Kayla is our little "Tigger" because she is so bouncy ALL the time. We wish we knew how to harness her energy! And the way things are going, I think this next baby girl will be a lot like her big sister! =)

8 comments:

Bre said...

You can probably feel the kicks so well because you're so thin! No fat barrier.

Kathy said...

Haha! Um, no...I think really it's because they know they can get away with it now!

Porter Family said...

I agree with Bre, no fat barrier. I miss Kayla! Do you have names picked out yet?

Keri said...

If anyone can handle a child with a lot of energy, you can! I can't wait to see some pictures of your new little girl!

Dave and Camille said...

Too cute! Yes... I've decided to officially stalk your blog :) A can't believe how little you still are! I miss you now that you're in primary!

Casey and Lisa said...

I'm excited to hear you're having a girl! I hope you've been feeling good so far. Kayla will be a cute big sis! Her haircut is really cute on her too.

Lib said...

I gotta check your blog more often! Congratulations! Yeah.... Kayla get a sister. I"m so excited for you guys. You are such a great mom :)

jmelgan said...

That's so cool Kathy. That is pretty early to feel the baby. However, I have heard a couple other people who felt their babies early too. Hopefully as she gets bigger the kicking/moving won't be too bad for you, especially at night. I am just starting to feel the baby move. Mostly after I eat or if I am leaning forward. She is usually active around 11:00-11:30 pm and quiet the rest of the night.