Last Saturday was our ward party at the church. It was fun! It was PACKED too. We managed to get a seat. We had a chili potluck, and it was fun to watch the missionaries at our table, who were the judges, try to decide from dozens and dozens of bowls, which chili was the best.
There was a costume parade, and then there was trick or treating and games throughout the rooms in the building. I love that is was inside, and so safe, and just fun! Kayla had a lot of fun! We did avoid ANYTHING that was scary...which meant we skipped the "haunted house" room. (Kayla is NOT into scary, she has been very very sensitive it seems like to things like that since Dave has been gone.) Makenna didn't get too hot in her costume, and she was a pretty good baby. We did the cupcake walk, and Kayla tried to eat a doughnut on a string with no hands, she decorated a marshmallow ghost, played pin the felt face on the pumpkin, and played the "fishing" game.
I missed Dave, of course. Last year the ward Halloween party was his last "event" before he left for training, and I remember our Bishop had him say the prayer. Couldn't help but remember how that felt last year. But he is "always with us," and "soon" he will be home.....but I still miss him. =)
Kayla wanted to be Belle this year. (With the help of CostCo....and Kayla and I altered it a bit to our liking.) Makenna was a duck. =) Good times. =)
Some of Kayla's princess friends we caught a picture with.
One of Kayla's favorite babysitters.
When we got home Makenna was right up the stairs...she is obsessed, like most babies her age. I thought this picture showed her costume best. I love the fluffy bottom. =)
Before bed Makenna was so cute and played peek-a-boo with me by hiding behind the wall and peeking her head out and laughing! So cute. She and Kayla were definitely on a sugar high before bed! It was a fun night!
2 comments:
So cute! I think my favorite pics are the first and last. Thanks for posting hon! I wish I could've been there but I'm glad you had fun.
those costumes are so cute!
Post a Comment